A585 Windy Harbour
Project Activity: CCTV Drainage Survey Length of Drainage
Hours of Works: Weekday daytime & night-time working
Summary of Works: Kier Infrastructure Services were engaged by Highways England to build a new offline bypass around the village of Singleton which has suffered from severe congestion, creating a bottleneck for traffic travelling to/from Fleetwood.
The A585 through Singleton is a national speed limit single carriageway road with traffic light-controlled junction, side roads and right turn widenings.
Crown Plus was commissioned by Kier to undertake CCTV surveys of the existing highway drainage as set out on scheme drawings as well as private drainage belonging to several residential properties adjacent to the new bypass. The aim of the private drainage surveys was to ascertain the nature and condition of the existing drainage system to determine whether or not it could be connected to the new drainage being installed as part of the main project works.
Deliverables: The final deliverables for the scheme were as follows:
- Electronic footage of all drainage surveys
- PDF reports of all surveys together with defect schedules
- Asset Inventory drawings detailing all surface assets (Chambers, Gullies, Kerbs and other surface features)
- Asset condition drawings showing location of defects in each section of drainage
- Design drawings detailing cover levels and all invert levels of incoming/outgoing pipes
- Compliant shapefiles that met the requirements of DMRB CS551.
All the above deliverables enabled the design team to design the permanent drainage works for the new bypass.
A585, Singleton, Lancashire
Kier Infrastructure Services
July 2020 to February 2021
Highways Drainage Surveys